You Belong Here
“My house shall be a house of prayer for all people.”
— Isaiah 56:7
WHEN YOU JOIN
Benefits of Membership
In New York, there are countless ways to build a Jewish life. When you join Congregation Rodeph Sholom, you…
- Find a Jewish community to call home
- Gain access to High Holy Day worship
- Develop a personal relationship with clergy who will share in your lifecycle events
- Engage in discussions, lectures, film screenings, and concerts that explore Torah and Jewish tradition, thought, and culture
- Connect to opportunities for volunteering and social action
- Secure an access point to learn, discuss and/or visit Israel
- Find your group at CRS through Minyan, a circle of ten adults who come together over common interests, values, or life experiences
- Join Sholom Sprouts, our community for families with young children
- Provide your children with the foundation to build their own Jewish life through our youth and teen programs.
- Receive priority enrollment in Rodeph Sholom School, the only independent Reform Jewish Day School (nursery – 8th grade) in New York City
- Become a stakeholder in the Jewish future
FEEL AT HOME
Interfaith families have been core to the Congregation Rodeph Sholom community throughout much of our history and our clergy has proudly performed interfaith marriages from our bimah since 2015.
Inclusion and Diversity
Building a community for everyone means committing to an ever-evolving process of listening, adapting, and assessing where we stand and how far we have to go. We commit to cultivating a community culture in which people of all races, faiths, genders, abilities, sexual orientations and socioeconomic statuses feel not merely included but embraced.
NO BARRIERS FINANCIAL POLICY
Financial Aid and Accessibility
Our board, clergy, staff, and leadership are adamant that membership at CRS is accessible to everyone regardless of financial circumstances. We offer reduced financial commitment for those who need it. Please contact our Membership team to make a fair and sustainable plan that works for you. All discussions will be treated with great sensitivity and confidentiality.
START A JOURNEY
Discovering Judaism and Conversion
At CRS, we encourage our members to relate to Judaism in a way that is uniquely theirs. For some, it is a connection to years of family heritage. For others, it is a spiritual connection to something greater. For others still, it is a curiosity that language cannot yet articulate.
CONNECT WITH US
Director of Membership Services
Membership Experience Manager
B’nai Mitzvah Manager