March E-Advocacy: Schools & Guns
Since the Sandy Hook School shooting on December 14, 2012, more than 438 people have been shot in over 200 school shootings – 138 of them are dead. Tell Congress enough is enough!
Urge Congress to adopt these eight proposals:
- Banning the purchase and sale of assault weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines.
- Opposing expanded concealed carry reciprocity legislation, which would allow anyone with a concealed carry permit in one state to carry a concealed weapon in all states.
- Establishing universal background checks, closing the private sale loophole, and strengthening the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.
- Repealing the Dickey Amendment and restoring funding to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for research on gun violence.
- Closing the Charleston loophole, which permits federally licensed dealers to sell guns to purchasers if three business days pass without a positive verdict on their background check from the FBI.
- Enacting a gun violence restraining order law, which would temporarily prohibit an individual from purchasing or possessing firearms when deemed by a judge to pose a danger to self or others.
- Opposing legislative efforts to deregulate the purchase and sale of gun silencers.
- Closing the boyfriend loophole, which allows convicted abusers and stalkers to buy and own firearms.
Honor the memory of those killed in school shootings, as well as the memory of the other 30,000 Americans that die each year from gun violence, by demanding that Congress take meaningful action NOW. Click here.