More than 46,000 people have been killed and thousands injured by the catastrophic earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria while, amazingly, rescue efforts are still ongoing. Now a humanitarian crisis, it is disheartening and shocking to learn of the widespread devastation caused by another natural disaster. We at CRS always are called to help, and providing humanitarian relief is our Jewish response. Here is a list of organizations that are accepting donations, clothing, and supplies:
- The JDC-Disaster Response (The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee) is adept at deploying large-scale emergency relief.
- Support the Multifaith Alliance to deliver emergency aid to earthquake victims.
- The Syrian American Medical Society is providing medical care and treatment.
- The White Helmets (Syria Civil Defense) are providing search and rescue efforts.
- Please drop off clean, new needed items to the Turkish House at 821 UN Plaza, First Avenue, New York, NY, 10017.
- Donate to UJA Federation New York’s Earthquake Relief Fund. 100% of the funds will be used to help individuals and communities affected by the crisis.