- This event has passed.
Musicals That Changed Broadway
Mon, Oct 4 at 7:00 PM
Presenter: Sean Hartley – Kaufman Music Center
Hamilton made history not long ago by receiving a grand total of 16 nominations at the Tony Awards – ultimately winning a total of 11, including Best Musical. The phenomenon is part of a long lineage of musical theater productions that capture the public’s attention and reflect the culture surrounding them. This class will explore a few of those in depth. Broadway combines the thrill of live music with the compelling storytelling and drama of watching a movie or TV show. When done with incredible care and sensitivity, the combination of the two can lead to something transformative.
- This event will take place using the One Day University platform. (We will not be using Zoom.)
- The video page will be live at 6:50 pm ET. Until the page is live, you will see a picture of Broadway in NYC. Please join early to make sure you’re all set before the class begins at 7:00 pm ET.
- Once this page is live (at 6:50 pm ET), you should see a white “play” button. Please click the button, and you will see a picture of Sean Hartley along with some information about him. If you don’t see this, please refresh the page and then click the “play” button.
After this lecture, Mr. Hartley will be on LIVE with Cantor Iacono to answer your questions – so please be sure to submit them in the chat box! To join the chat, simply click “Sign in to chat” below the chat box, then click “Guest” and add your name.
This program is presented exclusively for members of Congregation Rodeph Sholom (NY) and Temple B’nai Jeshurun (NJ) through our partnership with One Day University. Learn more and sign up for your free subscription to One Day University.
- Nov 4 at 7:00 PM: First Ladies: Behind the Scenes with Six Powerful Women
- Dec 6 at 7:00 PM: A Culinary History of the United States