With Passover quickly approaching, it’s time to start using up our Chametz (leavened bread). There’s nothing like a homemade noodle kugel to do the job!
Below is a recipe for a delicious Salt and Pepper Kugel from Evelyn Block, mother of CRS congregant, Robin Block.
16 oz. medium noodles
3 tablespoons canola oil
5 large eggs, beaten
3 large onions, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Cook noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse well.
2. Grease a 13x10x2 pan well.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Saute the onions in the oil until soft and brown. Let cool.
5. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, including salt and pepper to taste. Use a lot of pepper!
6. Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour.